Sunday, August 21, 2011

Quarter Life Crisis (Revised Edition)


Quarter Life Crisis (Revised Edition)

And I guess
I guess at
Twenty-five
You've got
Something
To prove
Not anything
But a lot

Not just that
Those skinny
Jeans still
Fit
Or the fact
You can
Stay up
All night

It's more than
That
That is
If you're
Old enough
To
Understand

It's more
Than the
Drinks
Drugs
And women
Of the younger
Yester years

Something to
Prove
Because
No kids
Ever made it
This far
In life

And these
Days
We all
Play for
Keeps

But
To grow up
And grow
Up
Big
In life and in
Heart
Truly

To love
Or hate
Settle down
Move out

And as far
Away
From yourself
But still
The same
In the
End

The stories
Tales
Or
Experiences
Once lived
Journeyed

Something gained
Lost
Or earned
Courage
Not sold
In stores
Or on corners

Built
On trust
Love
Lies

Solid
To stand
Safe
And sound
Holding your head
Up
High

And I guess
At twenty-five
I have
Something to prove
And
Show
For myself

Because
At the end
Of the day
I want
To say
I did it
And I'm
There
Twenty-five
And happy
To
Be

Happy
To be
Just
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment