Friday, January 27, 2017

Paris

Paris


Let's 

Jet set

Fly

My miles 

Worthlessly

Used


Paris

Where

I've been 

And you haven't

Yet

Well

Hours

Away


Bonuses

Burned

Like cash 

Cows


Milking returns

Sound 

Investments 

And our

Relationship 


Strains

And pulls

Tightly 

Enough

To let it

Slip

Through


Cracks

The city's

Old

Architecture 

And

Our 

Relationship 


Champagne

Dry

Not sweet

My

Love life

Between

The sheets


Espresso shots

Wake up calls

On life

And 

Sleepless

Hotel rooms

Of what

To do next

With her

With me

With us


Pictures

Taken

To capture

Memories

Only to be

Displaced 

Lost or forgotten


Reluctantly 

Returning

Home

Ground zero

To where

It started

And where 

It will end


But your 

Picture

Us

Together

Paris 

I'll never

Forget




No comments:

Post a Comment