Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Road Ahead


The Road Ahead

A pretty girl

To meet

And fall

For

And in love

With


To be away

For more

Than a day

Is hard to do

Especially

With you


But I swear

I’m stronger than

The last

I’m stronger than

The past

That my life

Has led me


But with

Life

And distance

It gets

Hard


Trying to fight

Or pull weight

For two

But today

This isn’t true


It’s a cause

Worth fighting for

Because I know

What’s in store

After this


It’s lovely

The road I see

And I want you

To travel down it

With me


And hold my

Hand

And hold it tight

Because every night

I’m away from

You

Makes me stronger

And everything I do

It’s for

Me and you


So don’t get sad

Instead

Be glad

Because I’m counting

Down the hours

The minutes

The days


And although

It may get

Hard

I won’t let down my

Guard

On this

Or us


Because

One day

I know

In the end

Where you’ll be

After all this

Is through

You’ll be

Right next

To me

No comments:

Post a Comment