Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Boston Marathon


Boston Marathon


I ran a mile

This morning for you

Then I ran 25.2 more

Why

I’m not sure


I ran to Boston

From the outskirts

Of somewhere

I was unfamiliar

With


I ran with my

Heart

I ran with my

Soul


It was a race

A journey

A rebirth

An experience


Pain

Hurt

Lost

Dazed and

Confused

I felt


Give up

Not yet

Not an option

Not in my

Vocabulary


Stubborn

Yes

Crazy

Only for you


I ran

The road less

Traveled

Run by many

Finished

And survived

By few


I ran with you

Even though

I was alone


A run

Turned into

A yog

Turned into

A stagger

Turned into

A struggle


A struggle

To finish

To survive

Not collapse

Under the weight

Of everything


Crossing the line

I slumped over

And started to fall

As you caught me

In your arms

In your

Heart

And in your soul


I still don’t

Know why

I ran the 25.2

Miles

But I know why

I ran the one

No comments:

Post a Comment