Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tonight, Tonight


Tonight, Tonight

One last night
In a town
So run down
At the thought
And idea
Of me leaving
Leaving
With all my
Memories
Packed
Tightly away

So today
Tonight
Is the last night
Of happiness
Found
And sadness lost
At whatever cost
I had to pay
Along the way

And tonight
Will soon lead
Away from
Today
And everything
I accomplished
Fought
Sought
After
All found

But now
I’m bound
On a new trail
So frail
Outside of
Tonight

The lights
Will
Shine so
Bright
And
The feeling
Will be
All right
With everything
And everyone
At peace

So
I took my
Piece
What I wanted
And I’ll carry
It
With me

So I’ll remember
And see
Everything
I left behind

And everything
I wanted to be
Because outside
Of tonight
Brings tomorrow
A brand new day

And it begins
With you and me
Because
That’s how I always
Wanted it to be

No comments:

Post a Comment