Sunday, November 21, 2010

On The Road



On The Road

On the road
Is tough
On the heart
Tough
On the soul

Sixteen to eighteen hour days
I lose track
Of time
And the days

I sleep little
And only drink
Coffee
To keep me
Awake
And numb my heart
From being
Alone

There’s no luxury
In this lifestyle
I read scripts
And focus on
Shot selection
Photography
And camera perfection

My life
I live
Is full of
Smoke
From cigarettes
I’m used to it
As it soaks
My clothes
And my skin

We travel in cars
Packed with gear
And tapes
I edit and upload
Video and photos
In between stops
At gas stations
And diners

Hotels
With beds
Cold sheets
And mini fridges
That I call
Home
Every night

I call and text
When I get signals
But you
Text and call
Less and less

I’ll be home soon
And I’ll kiss you
Love you
Make love
To you

Because life
On the road
Is tough
On the heart
Life
On the road
Is tough
On the soul

No comments:

Post a Comment