Monday, June 20, 2011

Date Night


Date Night

Dinner's at nine
So I'm picking
You up
At seven
Taking you into
The city
Bright lights
And a pretty girl
On my arm

Reservations
A must
At this place
Good food
Classy drinks
Beautiful people
Not as beautiful
As you

Live band
But jazzy
Ambiance
Setting
The scene
Setting
The tone
At a darkened table

Dancing in
Between
Appetizers
And drinks
With kisses
On my cheek

A night
Not to
Forget

And it's
Getting late
Almost
One
The lights
Come on
Time to take
You home

Drop you off
On your
Front step
But not tonight
The night
Leaves
Adventures left
With you

The stars
Guiding
Our path
To somewhere
Anywhere
With you

Ending on top
Of the hill
Just in time
To watch
The sunrise
With your
Head
On my shoulder

Finally dropping
You off
On your
Front step
Morning dew
Still on
The grass

On your toes
To reach me
A soft kiss
From you
Sends me off
Off into
The morning

Last night
Date night
With you
One I'll
Never
Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment