Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just Like The First Time


Just Like The First Time

A thousand times before

Like I just heard it

Like you just said it

Like I just said

It twenty minutes ago

Last week

Last month

In my ear before I go to sleep

And for you

When we wake up


I hear it

Once

Twice

Three times


It all sounds

The same

Just like it’s the first time

And it’s something even

After fifty million times

Will never get old


And as the days pass

And the lines

On our face

Become more apparent

And the grey hair

Develops

We will grow old

Weak

And fragile


However

It will

Grow stronger

With each passing day

Each passing year


It’s the hardest knot

To untie

But I’ll never

Untie

It with you

But it

You

Me

Us

Will never grow old

Or out of style


Like that faded

T-shirt

I wore years

Ago

Old and tattered

But still meaningful

As the first time

I wore it


I say it

Swear by it

Mean it

Feel it

Live it

Every day

And

With every breath

I take


And as I look

At you

In your eyes

I whisper

Something

In your ear

Something

I swear

I’ll never say enough


But with each time

I say it

It’ll feel like

The first time

I’ve said it


I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment