Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ties


Ties

I’m 5’6
In skinny jeans
Good looking shoes
Always wearing a tie

Up late every night
Not sleeping
Wanting to be in New York
Because that city doesn’t sleep

Give me my degree
Let me move out of town
No need to say good bye
I’ll be back

Successful in a suit
With a script written
Or a book published
Maybe just pictures taken

Something productive
To turn people’s heads
Struggling but happy
Satisfied and content

A nice girl
Dresses cute
Cooks well
And she’ll be mine

Ties in my closet
It’s small
But I don’t need much space

Quick capture the moment
I’m back in town
This doesn’t happen often
Maybe successful
Maybe not
Overall content

Weird friends
Who wear scarves
And glasses
It’s European they say
But no ties
Drink wine on Tuesday nights
Maybe go to the bars
Or just watch Friday Night Lights

Big city
Is where I am
But I feel small

It’s OK to dream
And dream big
With this script in my hand
I’m taking it to Cannes

Going to live it up
Drink coffee
But not smoke

It’s dangerous to my health
Just like the city
And the lifestyle it brings

Parties
Drinks in bars
They close at 4 A.M.
Gatherings on rooftops
Watch the sun come up

Be careful not to burn out
And sleep during the day
Because at night
The fun begins again

Don’t become a vampire
Or a night owl
Don’t accept pills
Those will give you the chills

But keep your head on straight
Focused and determined
Success in mind,

Not rich
But enough to be happy
A bicycle instead of a car
And don’t forget
A ring for the girl
Yeah… she’ll like that

More ties are nice
Different colors and patterns
Enough to make you proud

But that’s enough for tonight
Time to dream
And count sheep
Time for me to go to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment