Friday, February 12, 2010

Pick Me Up


Pick Me Up

It’s the nights
The lonely nights
That I sleep alone
Without
You
Next to me
I realize
I never want you to
Leave my side

I go to bed in
Thought
Sometimes sleeping
Sometimes not
But always thinking
About you
About us
What we want
Just childish thoughts
And ideas
But secretly
Hoping you
Hoping I
Want the same thing

Truth is
I do
I’ll always
Want you
As long as you
Still want me

I can’t help now
But look in your eyes
And fall in love
Again
Goosebumps
And butterflies
Just how I imagined it
Imagined you
Even though
It took
A little while
To get you
To get this
But I’m happy
Now
With that

Now I’ve got you
And I don’t
Want to
Let you go

And I think you
Should be treated
Rightfully so
And for the first
Time I believe
In me
In you
In this
Us
Something
I swore
I’d never let
Anyone in
Ever again

But
Somehow
Someway
You came in
Broke down
Every wall
Even the ones
That stood tall
And proved to me
There was a reason
For this
You and me
That’s what you
Wanted me to see

That I could forget
The past
And learn to live
Live again
And most importantly
Love
Love again

But not just
Anyone

You
Love you
Right now
That’s all I want
To do
Treat you right
Always there
To take care
And be there

So
I hope
That’s ok
Because I know
Where I want
To stay
And what’s important
With these things
I have to say
To you
For this
About us

And thanks
For
Being that girl
A lady
Truly
Something
Someone
Special
To come
Here
Love me
And
Pick me up

No comments:

Post a Comment