Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Rides


Weekend Rides

The weekends
I can get
Lost for free
Well not
Completely

But
Sometimes
I like to
Think
Because
It’s far
More worth
It
Than on the
Week days

Before
Her
I used to
Get lost
On weekends
With women
Well…
I sometimes
Just dreamed
That
Never really
Did
Anything
Of that sort

Today
Now
It’s
Friday
Time to get
Ready
For something

With a girl
I’m in love
With
But I don’t
Do it for
Free
The bars
I mean
Because
Well…
Just because

That
Could be
A nuclear
Mistake
On most
Kind of
Nights

Even on
The weekends

I’ll still
Drink
Sometimes
But not
All the time

But eventually
Switch to
Tea
Because it’s
Better for
Me

But afterward
I sleep
For real
Not like before
Where sleep
Was a dream
And it would
Seem
Until

The alarm
Clock
Went off
And my eyes
Still staring
At my empty
Wall
Just bloodshot
From the
Alcohol
And lack
Of sleep
From the
Weekend

On a
Monday
Morning

No
Not a
Style
To
Pretend
Is good

I’ll focus
And stress
Myself
On paint
Or a pen
With a sheet
Of paper
To write
You something
Sweet

Good night
Only a drink
Deep
But it’s time
For myself
To sleep
With a girl
One I can
Call my
Own
For once
For always

No comments:

Post a Comment