Monday, February 1, 2010

You And Me


You And Me

Lovely
I love you
This morning
I’m waking up
Next to a lady
But not any lady
Oh no
And as I wake up
I wake up
Next to something
Anything
I wish I could
Be

Perfection and
Beauty
I rub my eyes
As the grogginess
Sets in
From staying up
All night
Just to watch you sleep
Watching your chest rise
And fall
With every heartbeat

I think
To myself
Late as it is
At night
How amazing
Of a girl
With such
A perfect heart
Could
There be
And the fact
That
She’s with me

I pinch myself
Because
What did
I do
To get a
Heart
So gentle and loving

It was a mirage
Before
But now real
Picture perfect
Better than that

I tell her
I like her
Love her
Appreciate her
She knows

Sometimes
I wish there
Was more to say
Other than the blank
Stares
I can only muster up
While looking
At her
Shocked and in awe
In what I found
Her
But more so
What she’s found
In me
Things I thought
I would never see
Things that weren’t there
To the naked eye

Gosh she’s beautiful
But in even
In the plainest sense
Wrapped up
In those sheets
Late at night
While I watch
Her sleep

And the rest
Of the world sleeps
Dreamland
But I don’t
I stay up
All night
Fighting the good
Fight

Watching her
Getting lost in
Forever
Forever what I hope
This
May be
You and me

1 comment: