Friday, December 10, 2010

Yellow Cardigan



Yellow Cardigan

There’s this girl
Tonight
That I’m
Out with
It’s her
Birthday
Well at midnight
Just in case
I drink too
Much
And forget

I like her
Bought her
Her drink of
Choice
Price doesn’t
Matter
Right now
Or tonight

She wears
An attractive
Yellow Cardigan
I try to match up
With
My Blue Cardigan

I hate it
Like I hate the
Rain
The rain
That rained
On us
On the way
To the bar

Note to self:
Bring umbrella
Next time
Even if she
Says “No”

Sophisticated
With class and style
More than me

A dude who
Sometimes
Cares
Sometimes
We never know
The whole story
She doesn’t know
My story
Maybe later
Not now
Not when
I’m drinking

But she’s cute
And worth
Taking home
But I can’t and
Won’t
Not tonight
We swore on
Each other

Sometimes
I could
I would break
But not tonight
Not cause
She is a good
Girl

And I should be
Slapped
But wait
It’s midnight now
Happy Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment