Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Final Moments Of A Setting Sun


Final Moments Of A Setting Sun

And as the tears
Came down my
Face
Like the rainy
Day it was
Outside

I wasn’t afraid
Anymore
Of what would
Happen

Of what could
Happen
Somewhere I knew
Everything
Would be ok
Even though
It wasn’t

There was
Blood
A lot of it
As it was pooling
Around my
Motionless body

Don’t play
The hero
I thought
I could save
Someone
Make a difference
In this lifetime
Not in my lifetime
But someone
Else’s
Don’t be a hero
I tried

Two shots
To my
Chest
I never thought
It could
It would
Hurt like
This

Things got
Lighter
I started
Fading
Like the sun sets
Every night
Only to come up
The next
Morning
I knew I wasn’t
Coming up with
The sun
This would be
My last
Sunset

I grew tired
My eyes
Heavy
Like my legs

The ambulance
Is on its way
I hear someone
Say
It will be too
Late
Someone else
Whispers

I look up
At the stranger
Holding me
I smile
In the
Final moments
Of the setting
Sunset
I take my
Last breath

No comments:

Post a Comment