Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wine And Dine


Wine And Dine

Too much wine
Tonight
While I dine
But the ride
Home
Won’t be fine

Ride home
Ride home
Alone
And what’s that
About
My vice you say
It’s just like
Having lice
You think you
Get rid of them
But they come back
And they travel
Travel in packs

Something to sleep too
That something
Isn’t you
Or the thought
Because we always
Fought
And it made me
Distraught

Oh well
Life throws
Curve balls
And I get chased
Down the halls
Of my nightmares
In my dreams
Nothing is
What it seems

Don’t stay alive
Or get the wrong
Vibe
Of me
But strive
To do something
Positive

Stay in school
And try
To be cool

There’s always
Another girl
Worth a whirl
At the game of
Life
Who someday
Could be your
Wife
If it fails
Don’t go
And cut your
Wrists
With the knife

There’s another
Chance
And if anything
You can always
Move to France
Because they love
Romance

Until then
It’s goodbye
I’m about to drink
This dry
Wine
While I dine
Because on the ride
Home
I’ll be traveling
Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment