Saturday, October 2, 2010

Abandon Ship


Abandon Ship


I’m so quick

To jump

In the

Ship

With you


With anyone

But mostly just

With you

But I’m afraid

Of it

Sinking

My last ship

Sank

Sank to the bottom

Of the ocean


I stayed until

I couldn’t stay

Anymore

Bailing

Out the water

I almost

Drown

Sometimes

Sometimes I wish

I went down with

That ship


Now I’m afraid

To get back in

A ship

With anyone

With you


How do you

Steer again

How fast

Does this go

What happens

If we run

A ground

Or if we

Hit choppy

Waters

Do we abandon

Ship

Or fight off the

Currents


I don’t think

I’m ready

To board

Your ship

This ship

The ship

We want to

Call

Our ship


I want to

But I’m afraid

Because

I don’t know

If I can

Anymore

I’m afraid

To raise the

Mast

And

Set sail

No comments:

Post a Comment