Thursday, October 7, 2010

Miss Your Smile


Miss Your Smile

I miss your smile
The one
I woke up to
This morning
As well as
The morning before

But today
This morning
I wake up
With out
You
Your warmth
But most
Importantly
Your smile

It’s only
Been a day
Some say

I remember
The cliché
I would say
To you
Each night
Setting you
Off to sleep
With a smile
On your face

But this morning
I wake up with
A bad case
Of loneliness
With you
On my mind
That I can’t
Erase

But I don’t
Want to replace
That thought
That smile

The one
I sought
I fought
For

I stare at the
Floor
Thinking of the
Times before
Now just memories
In the back of
My mind

But even if
I went blind
I would still
Be able to find
You
And your smile
The one
I’d run for a mile
Just to see it
Even if only
For a second

But this morning
I wake up
Alone
Missing your smile

No comments:

Post a Comment