Sunday, October 3, 2010

For Now There's Hope


For Now There’s Hope


Shady Grove

Cocktails

Dresses

This isn’t a club

Just a higher class bar


The liquor is more expensive

And the drafts don’t come cheap

But the conversations are free

And the ladies are beautiful


For now there’s hope

Of a chance

With the girl I’m talking to


She’s pretty

And sexy

Sophisticated

With class and style

Drinking cosmos

Nursing the last few sips

As I offer to buy her another one

She’s fine she says

And asks for her tab


The lights start to come on

Last call is yelled

It’s time to leave


For now there’s hope

She’ll call me tomorrow

Meet up to talk more

She has my attention

But do I have hers?


I miserably fail at the height check

But for now there’s hope

In the drinks I had

That builds my confidence

With every sip

To continue talking to her


For now there’s hope

From the text she sent me

She’s home safe

I offered to drive

Even though it was a longer walk

To my car than her place


Because the night is clear

And she is beautiful

I’m a little drunk on the thought

But for now there’s hope

No comments:

Post a Comment